A bit about the Massage Oils base:
Regular massage oils that you buy usually only contain one or two oils that don’t readily absorb into the skin.
This base is different in that it stays on the skin for a time so that you can have an effective massage but then it slowly absorbs into the skin right where it’s needed so that it nourishes and moisturises your skin. It also carries the beneficial essential oils into the skin so that they can carry on working right through to the epidermis of the skin.
What does the base contain?
- Olive oil to provide a nice base for massage.
- Apricot kernel oil which is non sticky and sinks into the skin.
- Sweet almond oil, a very calming oil for all skin types.
- Organic jojoba oil which mimics skins own sebum so great for your skin.
- Organic evening primrose oil to beautify the skin.
- Castor oil to help the product spread which makes it great for massage.
- Pure vitamin E oil, a wonderful rich oil to nourish and protect the skin.
The properties of the essential oils which make up the Muscle Ache Massage Oil are as follows:
- Blue Chamomile essential oil: Reduces pain and inflammation in joints.
- Lavender essential oil: Pain relieving, particularly good for headaches and has sedative properties.
- Sweet Marjoram essential oil: Has sedative and anti-inflammatory properties. Good for stomach cramps.
- Eucalyptus essential oil: Powerful pain reliever, particularly for sinus conditions.
- Peppermint essential oil: Anti spasmodic so helps with spasms of pain associated with arthritic conditions.
- Rosemary essential oil: Improves circulation and relieves chronic pain, muscle spasms and pain.
- Thyme essential oil: Great for back ache and joint inflammation.
- Clary sage essential oil: Pain relieving, great for muscle cramps.
- Ginger essential oil: Helps with muscle stiffness and rheumatic joint inflammation.
- Frankincense essential oil: Reduces muscle tension and stress. Anti-inflammatory.
- Vetiver essential oil: Soothing. Calms and relieves general aches and pains.
- Black Pepper essential oil: Increases circulation and helps with neck and shoulder pain.
- Lemongrass essential oil: Blocks pain receptors to relieve symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism.
- Rose geranium essential oil: Helps knee, back and general muscle pain.
- Bergamot essential oil: Good for headaches, stress and anxiety.* Muscle ache massage oil blend contains a couple of essential oils that may not be suitable for certain people during pregnancy. Although these oils are very diluted it’s best to seek advice from a medical practitioner before using.
This massage oil is just incredible. A little goes a really long way so it will last for ages.
It comes in a 100g blue glass bottles with a pipette applicator so you can apply a few drops at a time and not use too much. Also available as a 100g refill and in a 10g tester size.
Quantative ingredients of Muscle Ache Massage Oil:
olive oil (olea europaea), apricot kernel oil (prunus armeniaca), sweet almond oil (prunus dulcis), organic jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), organic evening primrose oil (oenothera biennis), castor oil (ricinus communis), pure vitamin E oil (tocopherol), essential oils of: lavender(lavandula angustifolia), geranium (pelargonum graveolens), sweet marjoram (origanum marjoranum), blue chamomile (chamomile recutita), eucalyptus(eucalyptus globulus), peppermint(menthe piperata), rosemary (rosmarinus officianalis), thyme (thymus vulgaris), clary sage (salvia sclarea), ginger(zingiber officianalis), frankincense (boswellia carterii), vetiver (andropogon zizanoids), lemongrass (cymbopogon schoeanthus), bergamot (citrus bergamia).