How to use dead sea mud mask:
Apply to freshly cleansed skin, avoiding eye area. A thin layer will work just as well as a thick layer as it’s only the bit that touches your face that is doing the work!
Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes or until the clays have dried and hardened a bit.
To remove the mask just wet the skin with warm water and give your face a good massage to exfoliate dead skin, paying attention to nose, forehead and chin. These tend to be areas that toxins collect in clogged pores. Once you have removed all traces of the mask just pat the skin dry with a towel.
If you don’t have time to wait for the product to dry and just want to exfoliate your skin you can just apply to damp skin as you would any face scrub and it works fantastically as a scrub. Avoid eye area and any sensitive parts of your face.
The dead sea mud mask can also be used on oily or spot prone backs!
Properties of the dead sea mud mask are as follows:
- Dead sea mud: Full of minerals and salts such as magnesium and potassium. It helps to improve skins elasticity and minimises pores whilst removing toxins from your skin cells. These build up from everyday living. Dead sea mud makes your skin feel clean and refreshed. Who’d have thought that mud could help to clean?
- Rhassoul clay: Known for its purity and detoxing abilities.
- French green clay: Helps to remove dead skin cells and promotes healthy circulation in the new skin cells below the epidermis.
- Kaolin clay: Absorbs oil, tightens pores, calms redness.
- Aloe vera gel. Well documented as being moisturising and anti ageing. It reduces inflammation, promotes healing, soothes itching and minor skin irritations, and helps with conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Glycerine: Hydrates the skin and smooths out fine lines.
- Jojoba oil. Not really an oil but a wax. It’s amazing as it mimics the skins sebum, so it’s like putting your own moisture back on your skin.
- Finely ground apricot stone exfoliates and polishes the skin. Can also be used on spotty backs!
80g of product in a glass jar with an aluminium lid. Also available in a trial size pot. Great for holidays! Please reuse your trial size pot.
Due to the essential oils contained within and the fact that clays harden over time it’s best to use this mask within 6 months of opening and always replace the lid to prevent premature drying out of the product.
If it does get a bit dry you can always get some mask in your hands and apply a little water to it to soften it slightly before applying to your face.
Alternatively in summer it can separate slightly so just give it a quick stir with your finger and all will be well.
Quantative Ingredients of Dead Sea Mud Mask:
French green clay (argilez), rhassoul clay (montmorillonite), aloe very gel (aloe barbadensis leaf juice), vegetable glycerine, dead sea mud (maris limus), kaolin clay, fine ground olive stone (olea europaea), organic Jojoba oil (simmondsia chinensis), lavender essential oil (lavandula angustifolia), blue chamomile essential oil (chamomilla recutita matricaria), thyme essential oil (thymus vulgaris), tea tree essential oil (maleluca alternifolia)